Work With Me
I am Jane Clements and I am the founder of Scarlet Jones Travels. I have travelled extensively in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia and I have dipped my toe into India and the Caribbean
- I contribute to a travel resources website and I am a staff reviewer for a hostel booking site.
- I have designed a self development course which will boost self confidence and entice you out of your comfort zone
- I am a Mindfulness Practitioner and Online Coach
- Writing is my passion and I can write for different audiences and in different styles and voices.
- I graduated from the Open University with a BA degree in Sociology and Geography which has enabled me to take my ‘people watching’ and reporting to a new level. For me, the best part of travel is getting to know the people and learning about their different cultures and customs
- My special power is inspiring people who feel that something is missing in their lives and helping them to believe in themselves again
- I provide information and support for survivors of domestic abuse.
About Scarlet Jones Travels
Following a series of life changing events I turned my back on my nine to five job, terminated the lease on my apartment and set off on an adventure.
Not knowing if I would be gone for two months or two years I began to write a blog. For the first year I travelled in Latin America, staying mainly in backpackers hostels and working for various volunteer projects.
I am not your average younger backpacker: I am slightly more mature in years, but I haven’t allowed this to stop me in any way.
Generally I travel solo, taking the time to immerse myself in the local culture and getting to know people at the grassroots of a community whilst working as an online coach, running a self-development course, learning to speak Spanish, writing and proof reading.
A steadily increasing audience across social media sites and positive comments and feedback from readers encouraged me to expand and to form a more comprehensive website. The aim of this site is twofold: to inspire and support people who want to change some areas of their lives and also to prove that anybody can learn to travel; age, background or gender are no barrier. The only limitations are those which we impose upon ourselves.
The website is bigger and better and now includes a more comprehensive personal stories section. Specific city, region and country information is continuously being rolled out – all in the imitable Scarlet Jones style.
Not one to lecture, I inform in a friendly, relaxed and supportive way.
Monthly Page Views*: 2156
Social Media Stats:
Twitter Followers: 7790
Facebook Fans: 2050
Pinterest Monthly Unique Viewers: 4.4K
Instagram Followers: 1470
∗Figures have been growing steadily and engagement is good.
Writing For Others
I write guest posts and articles for travel bloggers and websites – do drop me an email if you are interested in collaborating with me
I had a small descriptive piece of writing included within this article ‘Finland through Foreigner’s Eyes’ in September 2016
I am a staff reviewer for the website Hostelz.com – you can find a sample of one of my reviews at this link – Hostelz.com – Minka Hostel, Quito
I volunteered for three months in Peru where I submitted an article for the monthly newsletter – Supporting Kids in Peru
I proof read and check documents and books – especially reviewing English language that has been translated from non-native speakers.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss sponsorship or a partnership with your brand or company